Last updated June 08, 2021
WeeCheck (“WeeCheck”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to fulfilling our responsibilities under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in relation to the collection, retention, use, and other processing of personal data that is obtained when subjects visit and interact with Weecheck.io (the “Website”). This Privacy Notice sets forth how we process EU personal data in our role as a data controller (i.e., when we are responsible for determining the purpose and means of the processing). This Privacy Notice does not apply to processing activities WeeCheck carries out on behalf of its business customers or partners in our role as a data processor.
Personal Data Collected
WeeCheck may collect and process the following information when you visit our website.
- Contact data: You may provide us with your contact details, such as name, job title, employer, address, phone number, email address, or other similar information, which we may use to respond to you or for administrative purposes.
- Log data Our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our website and record that data in log files. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the website, browser type and settings, the date and time the website was used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device Information: WeeCheck may obtain information about devices that access the website, including the type of device, its operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data.
- Authentication Data: To verify the identity of registered users on the website we may collect a username, password, and other similar authentication information.
- Other Information You Provide: This includes emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise submit, such as customer support. Please be aware that information you post on public parts of our website may be visible to anyone.
Note that our website is dynamic. We may introduce new features, which may involve new or different personal data processing activities. If we make a material change to how we process your personal data, we will notify you by email and may also modify this Privacy Notice.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Data
We may use the personal data we obtain to:
- Communicate with you
- Provide you with customized services
- Ensure the security and integrity of our website
- Maintain and promote the website
- Analyze and learn about how the website is accessed and used
- Manage our customer and partner relationships
- Protect our and others’ interests, rights, and property
- Comply with applicable legal requirements
We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
- You have consented to the use of your personal data. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- The processing is necessary for us to provide you with the services and products you request, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our website. This includes implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam, and abuse.
- To maintain and improve the website.
- To operate the website and provide you with certain tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To anonymize personal data and subsequently use the anonymized information.
How We May Share Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data:
- With our affiliates or business partners when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the website.
- With our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other websites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf, or assist with data storage.
- If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of our assets.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure or access and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information obtained through the Site.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our obligations or to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove personal data from our systems and records or take appropriate steps to properly anonymize it.
How We Transfer Your Personal Data
If we transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal data protection, we will rely on Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission for the transfer, or on other appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
Your Rights and Choices
The GDPR provides EU data subjects with certain rights regarding their personal data. Subject to certain conditions, you may ask WeeCheck to take the following actions in relation to your personal data that we hold:
- Give you access to your personal data and provide you with information about how we process it.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Delete your personal data.
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing of your personal data.
You can submit these requests by email to [email protected] or our postal address provided below. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity prior to processing your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or our response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may contact us at [email protected] or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find information about your data protection regulator here.
How to Contact Us
Weecheck can be contacted via e-mail sent to MAIL or at the following address: [email protected]
Weecheck BY WERIN GROUP
22 Rue de la Pépinière